Ice Dance Session
It’s back! Beginning Sunday March 19th, 2017, Sherwood Ice Arena is offering our ice dance session! If you have ever been interested in learning the fundamentals of ice dance or are just curious what it is, stop by Sundays at 8:15-9:30am starting March 19th and going until September 24th, 2017!
$15 per session
Who Can Benefit from Attendance?
Skaters who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- proficiency in the Preliminary dances
- currently working with a private coach on ice dance
- passed Pre-Preliminary MITF and/or the Pre-Preliminary Freeskate
- participated in 1 semester of LTS ice dance classes and has received instructor approval
- 5 minute warm-up
- The demonstrator will review the protocols so that everyone is aware of how the session will work
- The demonstrator will explain briefly about the “called dance” and provide an understanding of basic dance steps that will be used for that dance
- If not doing the called dance or a high dance has been called and there are couples/singles doing the dance, the demonstrator will move the beginners off the ice
- In order to encourage both new and seasoned dancers to attend, there will be a mix of dances to appeal to all proficiency levels as time permits. However, as the session’s aim is to maintain and increase interest and participation, every attempt will be made to give beginning dancers the opportunity to learn the low dances.
You can call 503-625-5757 or email Alyssa Orchard at email@example.com if you have more questions